Dr. Bando graduated from Tokushima University, School of Medicine in 1981. After obtaining the ECFMG certificate, he participated the family practice residency program in United States. He engaged in the research of endocrine and metabolic diseases in Tokushima University as an instructor and assistant professor. He has been board member and specialist in several medical societies, such as diabetes, primary care, anti-aging medicine, integrative medicine (IM), music therapy and sport medicine. Besides medicine, he has been a pianist with the award of silver medal in the European International Piano Concours (EIPIC) in Japan (2013), and an athlete with award of gold medal in in-line skate and athletic games in Japan. He has written more than 2000 published articles including medicine, culture, music, sports, essay and so on with more than 30 books. He has been the editor-in-Chief of several English medical journals.
• Medical Doctor License (1981)
• ECFMG Certificate (1983)
• Fellow of American College of Physicians (FACP) (1987)
• Doctors of Medicine (PhD) (1990)
• Chairman of International Committee, Japanese Primary Care Physicians (1996)
• Chairman of Annual Meeting, 20th Japanese Biomusic Association (1999)
• Chairman of Annual Congress, 9th Japanese Association of Music Therapy (2009)
• Volunteerism & Community Service Award of American College of Physicians (2011)
• Chairman of Annual Meeting, 7th Japan Society of Music and Medicine (2014)
• Chairman of Annual Congress, 8th Japan Primary Care Association (2017)
His research interests include: Diabetes, Endocrinology, Metabolic syndrome, Primary care medicine, Complementary and alternative medicine (CAM), Integrative medicine (IM), music therapy (MT), Psychosomatic medicine, Sports medicine.