Antidepressants are psychiatric drugs, which medicates to treat depression but does not cure completely. These also treat some other conditions, such as anxiety, phobias, bulimia, and physical conditions. The five main types of antidepressants are,
· Serotonin and noradrenaline reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs)
· Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs)
· Tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs)
· Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs)
· Noradrenaline and specific serotoninergic antidepressants (NASSAs)
The common sideeffects are suicidal thoughts, withdrawal symptoms,anxiety, dizziness, nightmares or vivid dreams, electric shock like sensations in the body, flu like symptoms, abdominal pain and many more.
Edelweiss publications maintaining the journal of Psychiatry Open Access which accepts all the original manuscripts related to Antidepressants.