Integrative medicine is the practice of combining conventional with non-conventional therapies in the treatment of psychiatric disorders. Personalized treatments are developed to suit each person lifestyle and strengthen self-awareness and resources for self-care. These treatments may include:
· Functional and nutritional assessments of individual health differences and needs, which can be addressed in a natural manner through diet, exercise, and/or supplements
· Mind-body centering exercises that increase the relaxation response
· Guided imagery to engage the mind in the healing process
· gentle bodywork to promote relaxation
· Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
Edelweiss publications maintaining the journal of Psychiatry OpenAccess which accepts all the original manuscripts related to Integrative psychiatry.