Any imaging technique used in biology refers to Biological imaging
imaging, using very high frequency sound to visualize muscles and internal
• Nuclear medicine, uses administered radioactive substances to create images of internal organs and their function.
• Photoacoustic Imaging, a technique to detect vascular disease and cancer using non-ionizing laser pulses
• Optoacoustic imaging, using the photothermal effect, for the accuracy of spectroscopy with the depth resolution of ultrasound
• Bioluminescence imaging, a technique for studying laboratory animals using luminescent protein
• Optical imaging, using light as an investigational tool for biological research and medical diagnosis
• Diffuse optical imaging, using near-infrared light to generate images of the body
• Microscopy, creating images of objects or features too small to be detectable by the naked human eye
• Imaging studies, which includes many medical imaging techniques
• Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), a non-invasive method to render images of living tissues
• Gallium imaging, a nuclear medicine method for the detection of infections and cancers
• Medical imaging, creating images of the human body or parts of it, to diagnose or examine disease
• Calcium imaging, determining the calcium status of a tissue using fluorescent light
• Fluorescence lifetime imaging, using the decay rate of a fluorescent sample
• Diffusion-weighted imaging, a type of MRI that uses water diffusion
• Imaging agent, a chemical designed to allow clinicians to determine whether a mass is benign or malignant
• Non-contact thermography, is the field of thermography that derives diagnostic indications from infrared images of the human body.
• Molecular imaging, used to study molecular pathways inside organisms
Biochemistry and Modern Applications is a peer reviewed Journal, with rapid publication process. The topics like DNA polymerases, Heterochromatin, Ribosome, Non-coding DNA, Cell biology, Metabolism, Nutritional Biochemistry, Medicinal Biochemistry and Hormonal Biochemistry are studied. Biochemistry and Modern Applications is an open access scholarly journal maintaining high standards of scientific excellence and its editorial board ensures a rapid peer review process.