In the body vascular system consists of all the veins and arteries. Vascular medicine consists many different disease states. There are many categories of vascular diseases treated by vascular medicine specialists:
Commonly encountered conditions in the field of Vascular Medicine include:
· peripheral arterial disease / claudication - blockages in the leg arteries; may cause pain with walking
· carotid artery stenosis - blockages in the neck arteries; may lead to a stroke
· Renal artery stenosis - blockages in the kidney arteries; may contribute to high blood pressure and/or chronic kidney disease
· Abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAAs) - a bulging of the aorta that may cause it to rupture
· venous problems such as deep venous thrombosis (DVT) and chronic venous insufficiency
· Raynaud’s, vasculitis, lymphedema, and other less common vascular conditions.
Clinical Cardiology and Cardiovascular Medicine journal welcomes all the articles related to Vascular Medicine. Editorial board ensures a rapid peer review process helping Edelweiss Publications to run it successfully.