In computer science, image processing is the use of computer algorithms to perform image processing on digital images. It is a method to convert an image into digital form and perform some operations on it, in order to get an enhanced image or to extract some useful information from it.
Image processing mainly include the following steps:
1. Importing the image via image acquisition tools
2. Analysing and manipulating the image
3. Output in which result can be altered image or a report which is based on analysing that image.
The purpose of image processing is separated into 5 groups. They are:
1. Visualization - Observe the objects that are not visible.
2. Image sharpening and restoration - To create a better image.
3. Image retrieval - Seek for the image of interest.
4. Measurement of pattern – Measures various objects in an image.
5. Image Recognition – Distinguish the objects in an image.
Edelweiss publications maintaining Edelweiss Applied Science and Technology journal is an open access maintaining high standard quality articles of image processing.