Edelweiss Applied Science and Technology (ISSN: 2576-8484)
Editor In Chief
Mukesh Singh Boori is Senior Scientist in Samara University Russia and Adjunct Professor in American Sentinel University Colorado USA. Currently he is involved in remote sensing and GIS teaching and Russian academic excellence project. He has also held positions at University of Bonn Germany, Hokkaido University Japan, Palacky University Czech Republic, Ruhr University Bochum Germany, Leicester University UK, NOAA/NASA USA, JECRC University, JKLU University, MDS University and JSAC/ISRO India. He hold Postdoc from University of Maryland USA, PhD from Federal University – RN (UFRN) Brazil, Predoc from Katholiek University Leuven Belgium, MSc from MDS University and BSc from University of Rajasthan India. He received several distinguish awards including national academy of sciences (NAS) fellowship through national research council (NRC) central government of USA Washington DC, European union social fund through ministry of education, youth & sports Czech Republic, Honorary fellow University of Leicester UK, Prestigious Brazil-Italy government fellowship, Belgian and Indian government space fellowship. He published 100+ peer-reviewed papers including books as a first author in the field of earth and space science and his prime research interest is satellite earth observations through remote sensing & GIS technology. He is a member of many scientific societies / journals / committees, led a number of projects, organized a number of conferences, delivered conference opening ceremony speech, invited talk, co-chaired sessions and visited 20 countries.
- Quantitative estimation of land surface variables for natural resources management in the context of global change from satellite remote sensing.
- Spatio-temporal analysis of remotely sensed data to bring improved information for natural resource monitoring, management and modeling.
- Applications of remote sensing and GIS in different fields such as land use/cover change, vulnerability, climate change, urbanization, environmental monitoring and assessment.
- I worked, taught, and trained in many local and international hospitals as a technologist and a medical physicist for example:
- King Khalid University Hospital, Riyadh, KSA, (2015-2017).
- Armed Forces Hospital, Riyadh, KSA, (2013-2015).
- King Fahad Medical City, Riyadh, KSA (2010-2011).
- Military Hospital Riyadh, KSA, (2007-2009).
- Royal Surry County Hospital, Guilford, UK, (2003-2005).
- Royal Marsden Hospital, London, UK, (2001-2002).
- Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK, (2001-2002).
- St. Gorge Hospital, London, UK, (2001-2002).
- Aberdeen Hospital, Aberdeen, Scotland, UK, (2000-2001).
- King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Centers, Riyadh, KSA (1998-1999).
- King Saud Medical Complex, Riyadh, KSA, (1996-198).
Audiological sciences, Medical physics and Nuclear medicine imaging
Wan Azelee Wan Abu Bakar was born in Kampong Tepi Sungai, Tanah Merah, Kelantan on the 11 th of May 1959. He received his primary education at Sekolah Rendah Jenis Kebangsaan Tanah Merah, lower secondary education at Sekolah Menengah Dato Mahmud Paduka Raja, Tanah Merah and upper secondary education at Sekolah Menengah Teknik Kuantan, Pahang. He obtained his BSc (Hon) in Natural Product Chemistry at UKM, Bangi in 1983, MSc at Herriot-Watt University, Edinburgh in 1986 in Organometallic Chemistry and Ph.D at Nottingham University in 1995 in Heterogeneous Catalysis. His career at UTM began in 1983 where he joined as an assistant lecturer after his BSc. He was appointed as a Lecturer in 1986. In October 1996 he was promoted to Associate Professor and later in 2000 to Professor. During his career in UTM, he has held few administrative posts such as Chairman of Chemistry Department Postgraduate Studies, 1996 – 2000, Committee members of Faculty of Science Postgraduate Studies, 1996 – 2000, Committee members of Faculty of Science Research and Development Committee, 1996 – 2002, Committee members of Faculty of Science Penerapan Islamic Values Committee, 1996 – 2000, Head of Chemistry Catalyst Technology Group, 1999-present, Head of Materials and Advanced Materials Focus Group, 2002 – 2003, Editor, Buletin Kimia, Department of Chemistry, UTM, 2001 – 2003 and Deputy Dean of Research Management Center, UTM, 2003 – 2005. He has published over 100 papers at the international and national levels in refereed journals and proceedings. He has been invited to present over 40 papers as an invited or plenary speaker in international and national presentations especially on catalysis in environmental pollution treatment. He has supervised over 60 undergraduates and 37 postgraduates. He has published 3 books, 6 monographs and 25 articles in Ensiklopedia Sains dan Teknologi, UTM.
Catalysis, Oil & Gas Chemistry