Biological sciences are the study of life. This includes living organisms and their life cycles, environment and adaptations. There are many different areas of study under biological sciences including biochemistry, biotechnology, microbiology and evolutionary biology.
Biology recognizes the cell as the basic unit of life, genes as the basic unit of heredity, and evolution as the engine that propels the creation and extinction of species.
· Cell theory: States that the cell is the fundamental unit of life and all living things are composed of one or more cells.
· Evolution: The theory of evolution belief that all the living and extinct organisms on the Earth have descended from a common ancestor or an ancestral gene pool.
· Genetics: Genetics is a branch of biology that deals with the study of genes, genetic variation, and heredity.
· Homeostasis: Homeostasis is the state of balanced internal physical and chemical conditions which maintained by living systems.
· Energy: The survival of living organism depends continuous on the input of energy.
Edelweiss Applied Science and Technology journal is an open access Applied Science journal which publishes Research/Review/Mini-Review/Short communication/Case Reports related to Applied Sciences. The Journal follows the rapid review process and covers the topics related to Applied Science and Technology.